Exam Prep GuideFully updated for Windows Server 2008 R2! Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exam 70-640—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This official Microsoft study guide is designed to help make the most of your study time. Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Deploy or upgrade domain controllers, domains, and forests for Windows Server 2008 R2
About the Author
About Dan Holme, Nelson Ruest, Danielle Ruest, Jason KellingtonDan Holme, MVP, has 17 years’ experience as a consultant and trainer focused on Windows and Microsoft SharePoint technologies. He is author of Windows Administration Resource Kit: Productivity Solutions for IT Professionals.
Nelson Ruest and Danielle Ruest have 20+ years of experience with infrastructure design, core application deployments, and system optimization, along with 10 years of experience in virtualization.
Jason Kellington, MCT, MCITP, MCSE, is a consultant, trainer, and author with 15+ years of IT industry experience, specializing in enterprise infrastructure deployment.
- Manage user accounts and groups with Windows PowerShell
- Implement Group Policy; configure software and security settings
- Configure DNS settings and zones
- Manage authentication
- Plan and manage Active Directory replication
- Monitor and ensure availability of directory services. Practice TestsAssess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies. Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. Offer expires 12/31/15. Details inside.
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 200+ practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide. For system requirements, see the Introduction.