Exam Prep GuideFully updated for Windows Server 2008 R2! Ace your preparation for the skills measured by MCTS Exam 70-642—and on the job. Work at your own pace through a series of lessons and reviews that fully cover each exam objective. Then, reinforce what you’ve learned by applying your knowledge to real-world case scenarios and practice exercises. This official Microsoft study guide is designed to help make the most of your study time. Maximize your performance on the exam by learning to:
- Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
About the Author
About Tony Northrup and J.C. MackinTony Northrup, MCITP, MCPD, MCSE, CISSP, has written 20+ books covering Windows system administration and development, including several Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kits and Windows Server 2008 Networking and Network Access Protection (NAP).
J.C. Mackin, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCT, is a writer, editor, and trainer who’s worked with Windows networking technologies for 10+ years. He has written several Self-Paced Training Kits, including for Exams 70-622, 70-643, and 70-685.
- Deploy and configure DHCP servers, DNS servers, and DNS zones
- Implement IPsec, Windows Firewall, and Network Access Protection (NAP)
- Plan and manage Windows Server Update Services
- Manage file and print services in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Enable remote and wireless access, including DirectAccess
- Monitor and troubleshoot network performance Practice TestsAssess your skills with practice tests on CD. You can work through hundreds of questions using multiple testing modes to meet your specific learning needs. You get detailed explanations for right and wrong answers—including a customized learning path that describes how and where to focus your studies. Your kit includes:
- 15% exam discount from Microsoft. Offer expires 12/31/15. Details inside.
- Official self-paced study guide.
- Practice tests with multiple, customizable testing options and a learning plan based on your results.
- 200+ practice and review questions.
- Case scenarios, exercises, and best practices.
- Fully searchable eBook of this guide. For system requirements, see the Introduction.